Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
We are very big fans of pizza in my household. If you have read my blog you have also probably come to the conclusion that I am a very big fan of grilling as well. The first time I heard about grilled pizza was a few years ago. I was absolutely fascinated by the concept of putting raw dough on a grill and making a pizza. Recently I found a dough recipe that I like very much from 101 cookbooks. The dough works extremely well you just have to play around with your grill setup and fire control to make this work flawlessly.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Stir together flour, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the water and oil and mix to combine.
- Run with a dough hook on medium speed or take out and knead on the counter for 5-7 minutes until the dough is elastic and springy. It will still be slightly tacky but should not stick to your hands.
- Divide into six even pieces.
- Place on prepared tray. spray with just a touch of oil and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest in the refrigerator overnight. Now you are ready to start using this dough.
- Original recipe with photo tutorial can be found here: http://sourdoughusa.com/?p=1248.