We are very big fans of pizza in my household. If you have read my blog you have also probably come to the conclusion that I am a very big fan of grilling as well. The first time I heard about grilled pizza was a few years ago. I was absolutely fascinated by the concept of putting raw dough on a grill and making a pizza. Recently I found a dough recipe that I like very much from 101 cookbooks. The dough works extremely well you just have to play around with your grill setup and fire control to make this work flawlessly.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Stir together flour, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the water and oil and mix to combine.
- Run with a dough hook on medium speed or take out and knead on the counter for 5-7 minutes until the dough is elastic and springy. It will still be slightly tacky but should not stick to your hands.
- Divide into six even pieces.
- Place on prepared tray. spray with just a touch of oil and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest in the refrigerator overnight. Now you are ready to start using this dough.
- Original recipe with photo tutorial can be found here: http://sourdoughusa.com/?p=1248.