Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is from Fleischmann's® Yeast. I made this on my indoor George Foreman grill (the panini press type without the removable plates) it was delicious! I am going to post both versions in the instructions (for the outdoor grill and for the indoor ones.) I hope you enjoy.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- additional flour
- additional oil
- pizza sauce
- pizza toppings
- shredded cheese
- ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUTDOOR GRILL.
- Start charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic but not sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Pat or roll dough on a well-floured counter to about 8-inch circles; they do not need to be perfect.
- Brush both sides of crust with additional oil.
- Using hands, lift each crust carefully and place on grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and top looks set. Using long handled tongs, remove crust from grill, grilled side up, to a platter or baking sheet.
- Lightly add sauce and top the grilled side of each pizza crust. Excess sauce or toppings makes the pizza hard to handle. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
- Carefully slide each pizza onto the grill. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- FOR INDOOR COUNTER TOP GRILL.
- Follow the instructions up to where it says "Brush both sides of crust with additional oil." (STEP 5).
- Place dough on the grill and leave the top up, let cook for about 3-4 minutes and them put top down for 1-2 minutes.
- Take grilled dough and place on cookie sheets, top with desired toppings and place in a 400F oven for 5-10 minutes.
- MAKE DOUGH AHEAD OF TIME.
- Dough (but NOT individual crusts) may be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator.
- Punch down and roll out just before grilling.
- I formed my dough into balls, rolled it out, brushed with oil and let thaw/rise for 20 minutes before I grilled it. Worked perfectly for me.
I love Grilled pizza! I haven`t tried this one, i`m sure it is good. Here is a link on Recipezaar for step x step grilling pizza http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=274104.