Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
haven't tried this yet.
- 3 lbs ground round or 3 lbs chuck
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano (dried and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon basil (dried and crumbled)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 12 kaiser rolls
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried and crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the burger, spices, onion, garlic, and pepper together and shape into 12 patties.
- Grill until done to your liking. Baste with the pizza sauce for the last few minutes.
- Cut kaiser rolls in half. Mix the remaining herbs and olive oil and brush on both cut faces of rolls, place face down on grill for a few minutes to toast. Remove from grill.
- Place a slice of Mozzarella cheese on one half of roll and a slice of Provolone on the other half of roll. Place one slice of pepperoni on top of one side of roll.
- Place burger on one side of roll and brush with remaining pizza sauce. Close roll and serve.