This is a wonderful grilled pizza that does not have any tomatoes/tomato sauce!! The dough for this recipe is #182309, make 1 big pizza or lots of small ones. When we made this in class, we blew-up our eggplant so we had to use roasted red peppers in its place.(If you are roasting in a brick oven, PIERCE the eggplant before roasting to prevent the explosion and HUGE mess.) It was VERY good, so if you don't have any eggplant but do have some peppers USE THEM....just roast them first. Drizzle the finished pizza with some Basil Oil for a REAL treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms.
- 3Slice the mushrooms and saute in a medium skillet with a Tbs or so of oive oil, over medium high heat.
- 4Lightly salt and pepper the mushrooms.
- 5Roast the eggplant whole directly over a gas flame or on the grill, turning to blacken the skin.
- 6Set the eggplant aside to cool enough to handle and peel of the skin.
- 7Dice the flesh of the eggplant and lightly salt and toss with lemon zest and juice.
- 8Form the pizzas and lightly flour, place on the backs of a lightly floured sheet pan.
- 9Lightly brush the tops of the pizzas with olive oil, being careful not to get any oil on the pan. Doing so will "glue" the pizza to the sheet pan, making it challenging to get off and onto the grill.
- 10Place the pizzas on the preheated grill, oiled side down then brush the top side with a little olive oil.
- 11Close the lid and cook for 5 min or until the pizza rises and has browned.
- 12Flip the pizza over, brush with olive oil and top with mushrooms, eggplant and cheese crumbles (as much as you like).
- 13Close the lid and continue to cook until the cheese melts.
- 14Remove from grill, place on a cutting board and drizzle with a little more olive oil or you favorite flavored oil.
- 15Cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pizza Bianca With Mushrooms, Eggplant and Two Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 489.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
recipe pizza dough