Recipe by L. Duch
This is something I came up with on my own. So my timing may not be accurate(I normally don't time myself). The amount of ingredients depends on how many individual pizza you make and how much you like on your pizza. Pizza's are always fun to experiment with. There are so many variations, but the grilled crust really makes this. Believe it or not, the dough doesn't fall through the grill. This is very easy to make. This is one of my families favorites
Top Review by jellyko
I loved this method especially since I had planned on making pizza but hot and humid weather made me not want to start my oven! I used a prebake crust and brushed with oil.after turning crust over I put on toppings and cooked additional 3 minutes or so until cheese melted-no need for broiler.Next time I do look forward to try dough as I never saw it being done! Great idea. Thank you.
- pizza dough (that I have posted already or you can use your own)
- 5 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, carmalized
- blue cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- anchovy, minced
- grilled sweet bell pepper (red or yellow are the best)
Directions See How It's Made
- From the dough, pat out a piece of dough that is large/small enough for an individual pizza and easy to handle.
- Lay it on the hot grill and let grill until bottom is done, then flip it over.
- It only takes a few minutes so you will need to stay right with it.
- When the crust is done, bring inside and top with tomato slices, few carmalized onions, mozzarella cheese, a small amount of blue cheese (it's kinda strong, but adds a really good flavor), torn basil, few minced anchovies and some grilled peppers.
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and topping is heated.