Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
In response to a recipe request
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 pita breads
- 1⁄2 cup grated italian Fontina cheese
- Preheat grill to low.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl.
- Arrange onion slices in shallow dish and cover with oil mixture.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place onuons on grill and cook until tender,about 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread pesto on pita breads,separate onions into rings,cover pesto.
- Top with cheese.
- Cook over indirect heat until cheese melts.
- about 5 minutes.
- Cut into quarters to serve.
- Can substitute zucchini or mushrooms for onions,regular pesto,and cheese from goat to gorgonzola-- be creative!