1/7 Photos of Grilled Pitas With Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Shelby Jo's Note:
This is from Good Housekeeping's Quick & Simple magazine May 27, 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, sugar, salt, and cook stirring frequently, until onions are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often until onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes longer.
- 4Preheat grill.
- 5In a cup stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tarragon, and thyme.
- 6Brush cut sides of pitas with the herb mixture.
- 7Sprinkle the goat cheese crumbs over the pitas and top with the caramelized onions.
- 8Place pitas on grill rack over low heat, and grill until bottoms are crisp and topping is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 9To serve sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pitas With Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.7
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 537.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 14.2 g