Recipe by diner524
A recipe from "The BBQ Bible", by Steven Raichlen, for the Middle East. Grilling is a great way to crisp wedges of pita bread for dipping. (It's also a great way to add fresh life to stale pita bread.) For extra color and flavor, sprinkle the chips with white or black sesame seeds before grilling.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Oh wow! My French class wrapped up tonight and we had a little party. I took these and two dips, and the crowd went wild. Seriously delicious and fantastically easy-to-make. I sprinkled liberally with sesame seeds. I will make these again and again and again. Thanks very much for posting.
- 3 large pita breads (or 4 small)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cut larger pitas into 8 wedges, smaller pitas into 6 wedges. Generously brush both sides of each wedge with oil. Sprinkle one side of each wedge with sesame seeds (if using).
- When ready to cook, arrange the pita wedges on the grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned, 1-2 minutes each side. Place the wedges in a single layer on a tray, platter or rack and allow to cool. The wedges will crisp on cooling.