Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy breakfast dish
- Preheat the grill.
- Peel the grapefruit and remove the pith.
- Cut in to quarters.
- Place the quarters in a ovenproof shallow dish.
- Mix together the honey and allspice and spoon over the grapefruit quarters.
- Cook under the grill for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with mint, if desired.
We had these for breakfast this morning, we loved them! The tart taste of the grapefruit is mellowed out with the honey. They were perfect with cereal and english muffins.
this is an excellent way to spice up grapefruit!!! the honey and allspice are a great combinaton withthe tartness of the grapefruit!! thanks evie!!
I love broiled grapefruit, and adding the honey and allspice was a really nice flavor addition. I didn't have any mint on hand, but think that it would be a good flavor contrast, as well.