Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have used dark rum instead of the Tequila with equally good results. I also microwave the pineapple for 2 minutes, then marinade it in the glaze. This is great with vanilla ice cream over the top! Prep time includes marinating. Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine, July 1997.
- 177.44 ml tequila (or dark rum)
- 177.44 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 2x1-inch pieces
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
- Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Thread pineapple pieces onto 6 skewers, dividing equally. (Tequila mixture and pineapple skewers can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill.).
- Marinade the pineapple for 30 minutes, bring to room temperature
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill pineapple until brown, basting with tequila mixture and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total. Remove pineapple from skewers; serve hot or warm.
Wish I could give this 10 stars!!! This pineapple was sooooo delicious. The glaze goes perfectly with the pineapple. ( I used dark rum because that is what I had on hand.) Great recipe Scoutie, thanks so much for sharing.