Recipe by Scoutie
I have used dark rum instead of the Tequila with equally good results. I also microwave the pineapple for 2 minutes, then marinade it in the glaze. This is great with vanilla ice cream over the top! Prep time includes marinating. Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine, July 1997.
Top Review by Merlot
Wish I could give this 10 stars!!! This pineapple was sooooo delicious. The glaze goes perfectly with the pineapple. ( I used dark rum because that is what I had on hand.) Great recipe Scoutie, thanks so much for sharing.
- 3⁄4 cup tequila (or dark rum)
- 3⁄4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 2x1-inch pieces
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Thread pineapple pieces onto 6 skewers, dividing equally. (Tequila mixture and pineapple skewers can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill.).
- Marinade the pineapple for 30 minutes, bring to room temperature
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill pineapple until brown, basting with tequila mixture and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total. Remove pineapple from skewers; serve hot or warm.