1/1 Photo of Grilled Pineapple With Rum Reduction Sauce
Catfish Charlie's Note:
If you like pineapple upside down cake, you will LOVE this grilled pineapple. Basic ingredients compliment each other perfectly. This is really best when served still hot along with vanilla ice cream, with the warm sauce drizzled on both the pineapple and the ice cream. Prep time does not include time for the pineapple to macerate since that is very flexible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pineapple into 8 wedges, remove core and rind with a knife.
- 2Place the wedges into a freezer bag with the brown sugar, seal the bag and massage brown sugar onto the wedges.
- 3Allow the pineapple to macerate in the brown sugar for anywhere from two hours to two days; refrigerate if macerating more than a few hours. The pineapple should release enough juice to dissolve the brown sugar completely.
- 4Heat the grill to medium heat.
- 5Add the vanilla and rum to the bag, seal and shake.
- 6Remove the pineapple from the bag and place it on the grill.
- 7When the pineapple becomes caramel colored on the bottom side, rotate it. Repeat for each of the 3 sides of each wedge, then remove from the grill.
- 8Pour the juice from the bag into a saucepan and reduce over medium heat to a thick syrup (be careful of flare-ups during the first minutes since there will be alcohol from the rum and vanilla extract).
- 9Serve the pineapple alongside a main dish or serve with ice cream and drizzle with the reduction sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple With Rum Reduction Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g