Grilled Pineapple With Caramel Dipping Sauce
- 25 wrapped caramels
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 ripe pineapple, trimmed and sliced into 8 (1/2 inch)
- In small saucepan, place unwrapped caramels, half-and-half and rum flavoring. Heat over low to medium-low heat, stirring, until sauce is thick and smooth. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium hot. Grill pineapple slices about 6 minutes on each side until pineapple softens and turns slightly more yellow in color. Turn; grill other side.
- Place grilled pineapple slices on cutting board. Cut each slice into bite-size pieces. Discard core pieces.
- Arrange pineapple equally on 4 dessert plates; drizzle caramel sauce over pineapple, or dip pineapple chunks into caramel sauce.