Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice as dessert or as a breakfast/lunch dish. Make sure that the pineapple is ripe. Best eaten warm, but can also be served cold.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 130 g mascarpone
- 8 leaves basil
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Clean the pineapple and cut it lengthwise in slices of circa 1 cm.
- Grill the slices until golden brown.
- Whip the mascarpone with the honey and lemon juice.
- Cut the basil into thin ribbons and mix with the icing sugar.
- DIstribute the pineapple over four plates, and garnish with the mascarpone mixture and the sugar/basil mixture.
I've grilled pineapple before, but never had a topping for it. I did not have basil handy, so I used some fresh apple mint, which worked very well with the other ingredients. Will do this again with basil. I grilled this on my panini grill.
Outstanding is right!!! Lovely blend of flavors--that I never would have thought to use...glad you did Michael! Made for tag game.