Recipe by Manami
This recipe was originally part of a menu by Bobby Flay for a barbecue. Bobby Flay's "Boy Gets Grill" 2004. Easily doubled. Ripe pineapple that is sweet & juicy makes a wonderful grilled dessert.
- 1 cup dark rum
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rum, butter, and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer, whisking often, until the sugar has melted and the mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- (The glaze can be made a few days in advance, cooled, covered, and kept refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before using.).
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise in half and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Whisk the mascarpone and vanilla seeds together.
- (The mascarpone can be made a day in advance, covered, and kept refrigerated.).
- Heat your grill to high.
- Grill the pineapple slices, brushing frequently with the glaze, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pineapple to a platter or serving plates and top each slice with a dollop of vanilla mascarpone.
- Garnish with a few fresh blueberries.
- Serve immediately.