This recipe was originally part of a menu by Bobby Flay for a barbecue. Bobby Flay's "Boy Gets Grill" 2004. Easily doubled. Ripe pineapple that is sweet & juicy makes a wonderful grilled dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the rum, butter, and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer, whisking often, until the sugar has melted and the mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 2(The glaze can be made a few days in advance, cooled, covered, and kept refrigerated.
- 3Bring to room temperature before using.).
- 4Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise in half and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 5Whisk the mascarpone and vanilla seeds together.
- 6(The mascarpone can be made a day in advance, covered, and kept refrigerated.).
- 7Heat your grill to high.
- 8Grill the pineapple slices, brushing frequently with the glaze, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 9Remove the pineapple to a platter or serving plates and top each slice with a dollop of vanilla mascarpone.
- 10Garnish with a few fresh blueberries.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple W/Butter-Rum Glaze & Vanilla Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: