Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is sooo good. Whenever we BBQ, I make this and, honestly, this is what I look forward to the most. It's a great dessert after the BBQ. The ginger cream sauce recipe follows.
- 1 (3 lb) fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- maraschino cherry, if desired for a garnish
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, chopped
- Heat the coals over gas grill for direct heat. Make the ginger cream sauce.
- Cut 1/2 inch slice off top and bottom of pineapple. Cut off rind. Cut pineapple cross-wise into slices; remove "eyes" from slices.
- Drizzle both sides of pineapple with butter.
- Cover and grill; pineapple slices 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until hot and light brown.
- To serve: top pineapple with Ginger Cream. Garnish with cherries, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Ginger Cream: Mix sour cream, brown sugar and crystallized ginger.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Makes enough for 6 servings of Grilled Pineapple with Ginger Cream Sauce.