Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 mins
I would strongly suggest to make 2 pineapples, I can eat a whole pineapple myself! do not slice the pineapple less than 1-inch thick, plan ahead the slices need to chill for 2 or more hours :)
- 1 large fresh pineapple (peeled and sliced into 1-inch slices)
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 pinch salt (use a very small pinch salt)
- 1 -2 drop Tabasco sauce
- Mix the melted butter with honey and salt until well combined.
- Brush liberally over both sides of the pineapple slices.
- Place the slices on a large baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Set the grill to high heat.
- grill the pineapple slices about 2-3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear on the slices and the they are heated through.
My boys loved it
The guys all love this! I added quite a bit more tabasco to this (about 6 drops) and think it could use even more. This made more than enough to cover 2 pineapples - so, if you're only doing one pineapple, cut it in half!
Oh- reminded me of my trips to the Virgin Islands! I forgot to marinate the night before, but after only 2 hours in the fridge the slices grilled up perfectly. I used Crystal hot sauce, about 1/3 tsp. Delicious!