Watched the Take Home Chef make this dish and it looked so scrumptious, that I had to post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
FOR THE PINEAPPLE
- 1TO MAKE THE CARAMEL SAUCE:.
- 2Stir the sugar and water in a heavy based small sauce pan over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Simmer the melted sugar without stirring for about 8 minutes or until it becomes golden brown, wiping down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to remove any sugar crystals and swirling the pan occasionally.
- 4Once the sugar has turned golden brown, add the coconut cream and stir to blend (the mixture will bubble vigorously when the cream is added).
- 5Watch your hands!
- 6Simmer over a medium to low heat for about 3 minutes or until the caramel melts and the sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Remove the coconut caramel sauce from the heat and pour it into a serving bowl.
- 8TO TOAST THE COCONUT:.
- 9Preheat the broiler to low heat.
- 10Sprinkle the coconut evenly over a baking sheet.
- 11Broil the coconut for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until it is lightly golden.
- 12Watch the coconut closely while it broils to ensure it does not burn since it will cook quite quickly.
- 13Transfer the toasted coconut to a plate.
- 14TO COOK THE PINEAPPLE SKEWERS:.
- 15Thread 1 piece of pineapple on the end of each skewer, making 20 skewers (if using wooden skewers ~ soak for 30 before because if not they will catch on fire).
- 16Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium to high heat until it is very hot.
- 17Brush the pan with a little melted butter and grill the pineapple for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until it is heated through and grill marks appear.
- 18Remove the pineapple skewers from the pan and place them on a serving platter.
- 19Serve the pineapple skewers with the caramel sauce and toasted coconut alongside.
- 20The skewers are designed to be dipped into the caramel sauce and then into the toasted coconut.
- 21Enjoy this romantic dessert!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple Skewers With Coconut Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 42.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened coconut cream