Recipe by Boomette
From Chef At Home of Food Network Canada
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as written & then took Montana Heart Song's suggestion & added some fresh diced jicama which gave it a nice crunch! Really enjoyed the combo of pineapple, onion & mint! A REALLY GREAT SUMMER SALAD! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
- 1 fresh pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 red onions, sliced thickly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a gas barbeque or indoor grill.
- Brush pineapple and onion with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill pineapple for about 5 minutes per side, until golden grill marks appear and the fruit softens.
- Grill onion until soft.
- Cut pineapple slices into quarters and chop the red onions.
- Toss with lemon zest and juice, mint and adjust seasoning.