Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Chef At Home of Food Network Canada
- 1 fresh pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 red onions, sliced thickly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat a gas barbeque or indoor grill.
- Brush pineapple and onion with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill pineapple for about 5 minutes per side, until golden grill marks appear and the fruit softens.
- Grill onion until soft.
- Cut pineapple slices into quarters and chop the red onions.
- Toss with lemon zest and juice, mint and adjust seasoning.
Made this recipe as written & then took Montana Heart Song's suggestion & added some fresh diced jicama which gave it a nice crunch! Really enjoyed the combo of pineapple, onion & mint! A REALLY GREAT SUMMER SALAD! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Greattttt! I soaked dried mint in the lemon juice to softenl I didn't have any red onion so used sweet white slices. I used my indoor grill with the grates and the meal salad was good looking with the grill lines on each piece. I am going to throw in some fresh jicama chunks the next time I make the salad.
My favorite flavors on the grill! I've just never combined them into a salad before. This is fabulous, and easy to add to anything you cook on the grill....its best with chicken and fish, I think! Thanks for posting such a delicious recipe. Made for Photo Tag.