Recipe by gourmetmomma
Great with grilled meats or used as a cooling "salsa" for Mexican food. It's also really good as a side for Thai dishes. Prep time does not include cleaning a pineapple.
Top Review by Mareesme
I made this as a side dish when grilling pork chops marinated in citrus/teriaki marinade. I had never had a salad like this, only the regular fruit salsas with jalapeno in it. The grilled pineapple produced a carmelized result that blended well with the onions and cilantro. I'll definitely make it again, and will also try it with a seeded chopped jalapeno when grilling Mexican seafood and shrimp dishes. Good one.... (Made as part of Zaar's Photoless Chefs game.)
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cored and cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh green onion, diced
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Either buy a whole pineapple at the store and clean it, or buy it pre-cleaned in spears. Sprinkle with salt before grilling.
- Grill the pineapple on direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side. You want it to have grill marks and be a bit soft, but not go squishy or black.
- Chop the pineapple into small bite-sized pieces. Add the chopped cilantro and green onions. Squeeze the lime juice over the salad. Toss.