Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is a delicious recipe! Made a rice lover out of me immediately! Sweetened with brown sugar and spiced up with chile pepper, this tropical-themed rice is a perfect summer side dish.
Top Review by suznf
I may have used too much rice. This was an interesting dish, but the flavors were not consistant throughout. The pineapple seemed dry and tough. Everyone finished thier servings but no one asked for more. Everyone agreed on a rating of three.
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pineapple, cored, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cooked rice, preferably basmati
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking.
- Combine sugar, chile pepper and salt; sprinkle over both sides of pineapple slices.
- Grill, turning once, until browned, 3 minutes per side. Cool slightly; cut into chunks.
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat; add scallions.
- Cook, stirring, until golden, 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice, salt and pineapple; cook, stirring, until heated.