Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is SO delicious. I serve it over rice. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours.
- 4 chicken breast halves (with bone)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 small lemon, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine pineapple, reserved juice, and next seven ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above drip pan. Place chicken, bone sides down, on grill rack over drip pan. Brush with some of the marinade. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink, turning and brushing once with about 1/4 cup marinade.
- Combine the remaining marinade and cornstarch. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve over chicken.
This is terrific!!! I marinated for 24 hours, and had to end up baking in the oven instead of grilling, due to weather, but the flavor of this chicken was fabulous! Very lemony, and sweet from the honey and pineapple. I served with couscous and broccoli, and got raves from the hubby. I will make this again, and hopefully get to grill it! Thank you for a great, tasty recipe!