Recipe by evelyn/athens
From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by SloppyJoe
I reduced the recipe down for the two of us and even though DH is not a big fan of Pineapple he said these were pretty good and ate his entire skewer. I, on the other hand, LOVE Pineapple and thought this recipe is delicious! I omitted the Tequila (our personal preference) and subbed Orange Juice instead. I also let the cubes marinate for about an hour before grilling. They came out juicy and a nice golden brown color. Perfect ending to our grilled dinner! Made for All Fired Up Grilling Photo Tag.
- 3⁄4 cup tequila
- 3⁄4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 2 x 1 inch pieces
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Thread pineapple pieces onto 6 skewers, dividing equally.
- Prepare bbq and oil the rack (medium heat – make sure bbq is thoroughly cleaned from previous use).
- Grill pineapple until brown, basting with tequila mixture and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove pineapple from skewers; serve hot or warm.