Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking for 2 magazine.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Cut bacon strips in half. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 3/8-inch thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place pineapple and split rolls cut side down on grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once.
- Place lettuce on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops.