Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this recipe and have used it for years. The prep time is quick but the results are fantastic. Even my fussy daughter like them.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, in own juice, drained, reserving juice
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 8 spinach leaves, fresh
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle mustard, sweet & tangy
- MARINADE.In shallow dish or gallon zip-lock bag, combine brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice: mix well.
- Place 1 chicken breast half, boned side up between to pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Working from center, gently pound chicken with rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet until about 1/45 inch thick.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade, turning to coat all sides.
- Cover, refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Grill chicken breast on medium, 8 - 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear. Turning once and brusing with marinage.
- Place pineapple rings on grill when turning chicken, cook until thoroughly heated, turning once and brushing with marinade.
- Cut rolls. On bottom half of each roll. layer spinach leaves, chicken breast half, pineapple ring and top with spinach leaves.
- Serve with Mustard.
This...was...AWESOME!. All of the flavors compliment each other so well. We put a little of marinade on the sandwich for a little extra sauce. Delicious. Perfect for summer grillouts!