Recipe by Debby H
I love this recipe and have used it for years. The prep time is quick but the results are fantastic. Even my fussy daughter like them.
Top Review by cookinhealthy
This...was...AWESOME!. All of the flavors compliment each other so well. We put a little of marinade on the sandwich for a little extra sauce. Delicious. Perfect for summer grillouts!
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, in own juice, drained, reserving juice
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 8 spinach leaves, fresh
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle mustard, sweet & tangy
Directions See How It's Made
- MARINADE.In shallow dish or gallon zip-lock bag, combine brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice: mix well.
- Place 1 chicken breast half, boned side up between to pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Working from center, gently pound chicken with rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet until about 1/45 inch thick.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade, turning to coat all sides.
- Cover, refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Grill chicken breast on medium, 8 - 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear. Turning once and brusing with marinage.
- Place pineapple rings on grill when turning chicken, cook until thoroughly heated, turning once and brushing with marinade.
- Cut rolls. On bottom half of each roll. layer spinach leaves, chicken breast half, pineapple ring and top with spinach leaves.
- Serve with Mustard.