My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pineapples in half lengthwise, leaving top with leaves attached if you wish to serve it the pineapple shell.
- 2Remove most of the pineapple from the halves, in one piece if possible, using a paring knife and grapefruit knife. Cut the pineapple inside piece in half lengthwise and cut out the core. Cut in half lengthwise again and then cut each piece into 2.
- 3(You should end up with about 8 long slices from each pineapple.) In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4Toss half this mixture with the pineapple. Peel bananas just before cooking, cut in half crosswise and lengthwise. Toss with remaining sugar.
- 5Barbecue pineapple or broil until browned and partially cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Cook bananas until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 7Serve "sticks" of pineapple and bananas in pineapple shells with a scoop of sorbet. NOTE: If you are not serving it in the shells, buy the pineapple already peeled and cored.
- 8It can be cut into rounds or sticks.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple and Bananas with Mango Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: