My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pineapples in half lengthwise, leaving top with leaves attached if you wish to serve it the pineapple shell.
- 2Remove most of the pineapple from the halves, in one piece if possible, using a paring knife and grapefruit knife. Cut the pineapple inside piece in half lengthwise and cut out the core. Cut in half lengthwise again and then cut each piece into 2.
- 3(You should end up with about 8 long slices from each pineapple.) In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4Toss half this mixture with the pineapple. Peel bananas just before cooking, cut in half crosswise and lengthwise. Toss with remaining sugar.
- 5Barbecue pineapple or broil until browned and partially cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Cook bananas until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 7Serve "sticks" of pineapple and bananas in pineapple shells with a scoop of sorbet. NOTE: If you are not serving it in the shells, buy the pineapple already peeled and cored.
- 8It can be cut into rounds or sticks.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple and Bananas with Mango Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: