Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 small pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 large bananas, ripe but firm
- 3 cups mango sorbet
- Cut pineapples in half lengthwise, leaving top with leaves attached if you wish to serve it the pineapple shell.
- Remove most of the pineapple from the halves, in one piece if possible, using a paring knife and grapefruit knife. Cut the pineapple inside piece in half lengthwise and cut out the core. Cut in half lengthwise again and then cut each piece into 2.
- (You should end up with about 8 long slices from each pineapple.) In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Toss half this mixture with the pineapple. Peel bananas just before cooking, cut in half crosswise and lengthwise. Toss with remaining sugar.
- Barbecue pineapple or broil until browned and partially cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook bananas until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve "sticks" of pineapple and bananas in pineapple shells with a scoop of sorbet. NOTE: If you are not serving it in the shells, buy the pineapple already peeled and cored.
- It can be cut into rounds or sticks.
This is just delicious and such an impressive presentation. I was surprised how easy it was to find mango sorbet.