Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick easy healthy dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup creamed honey
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into triangles
- 2 bananas, cut into half lengthways and then cut into half
- Melt butter with honey.
- Add rum and mixed spice.
- Place pineapple and banana onto oven tray.
- Brush with honey mixture.
- Grill (broil) for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Serve with thick cream or ice cream.
So very good. Left out the rum, do to personal preferences. Made for ZWTIII.
Loved it, liked it... an easy recipe where the flavours and the freah pineapple went wonderfuly together. However my thoughts on the same mix and the bananas were quite different... I liked them a whole lot less and was dissapointed that they weren't ( for me at least) as good as the pineapple. Still I had the pineapple as compensation. It was delicious and I was left wishing that there had been more. Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for the pineapple and I will be very happy indeed to make this again. Thanks!
Yummy! I did make ours alcohol free by subbing a little vanilla paste for the rum which was a beautiful addition of flavouring. I used sweet butter (unsalted), recipe#266688, not very ripe bananas, plus the rest as written.