Recipe by Sharon123
This is yummy over fish and any kind of meat! I also like to have it over rice and grains. I think this would be great as a pizza topping! These ingredients are used in the Caribbean, Mexico, Spain and the Southwest, also Hawaii(Western USA).
Top Review by awalde
January 08, 2011
A supreme sidedish. I added one grilled pepper to this recipe.
Very easy, tasty and light. Coreander is very important!
Thanks a lot for posting it!
February 12, 2011
Done again! So goood even without avocado! New photo added!
January 05, 2011 I saw the stars were missing. I added the stars again.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch thick rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small Hass avocadoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 small pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium hot.
- Brush pineapple rings lightly with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until brown and caramelized, about 8 minutes per side, or cook on a grill pan over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes on each side.
- Cool slightly, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Halve avocados; remove and discard pit and peel.
- Cut flesh into 1/2-inch chunks; add to pineapple along with lime juice, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Toss to combine, and serve.