1/2 Photos of Grilled Pineapple and Avocado Salsa
This is yummy over fish and any kind of meat! I also like to have it over rice and grains. I think this would be great as a pizza topping! These ingredients are used in the Caribbean, Mexico, Spain and the Southwest, also Hawaii(Western USA).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 lbs fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch thick rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small Hass avocadoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 small pepper)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Heat grill or grill pan to medium hot.
- 2Brush pineapple rings lightly with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill until brown and caramelized, about 8 minutes per side, or cook on a grill pan over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes on each side.
- 4Cool slightly, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- 5Transfer to a bowl.
- 6Halve avocados; remove and discard pit and peel.
- 7Cut flesh into 1/2-inch chunks; add to pineapple along with lime juice, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- 8Toss to combine, and serve.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pineapple and Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (2396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 302.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g