Recipe by LynnL
This is so simple to make and so wonderful. Friends that were on diets had to have a taste as it smelled so good and that was it. REALLY easy and so wonderful.
Top Review by saylaveev
I loved this dish. I marinated it as stated except that I used 1/2 maple syrup and 1/2 cane syrup that was sent to me from Australia. Lightly grilled the pinapple on the BBQ and served warm with a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Everyone enjoyed it. It was so simple and not too heavy. I"ll definately make this again
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup maple syrup (250ml)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (5ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves (2.5ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter pineapple and place in a plastic bag. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and cloves. Marinate for 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- Heat Grill to medium high.
- Place pineapple down on rack and cook until nicely brown on all sides, turning every 3 minutes and watching carefully not to burn.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice-cream and remaining marinade drizzled overtop.