Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
As a pimiento cheese fan, I couldn't resist trying this sandwich from Southern Living magazine. It's definitely a keeper. The recipe originally called for light sour cream, mayo, and cheeses. If I'm going to splurge on pimiento cheese, it ain't a gonna be light!
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp white cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 8 slices bread
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until blended; stir in cheeses.
- Heat electric griddle to 350 degrees, or a nonstick skillet over medium-hgh heat. Spread 1/3 cup cheese on 4 bread slices. Top with tomato slices and remaining 4 bread slices. Brush one side of sandwiches evenly with 1 tablespoon melted better.
- Spray hot griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Place sandwiches, buttered side down, on griddle or in skillet. Brush tops with melted butter. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately.