Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe sounds great and I cannot wait to try it! From Southern Living Magazine-- it says this recipe makes 4 c of pimento cheese and the sandwiches only use 1 1/3 c so plan accordingly!
- 113.39 g jar pimientos, diced and drained
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 4.92 ml onion, finely grated
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 226.79 g reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 226.79 g reduced fat white cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 8 slice bread
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter, softened, divided
- cooking spray
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended; stir in cheeses.
- Head griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread 1/3 c cheese mixture on each of 4 slices. Top with tomato slices and remaining 4 bread slices. Sp[read one side of sandwiches with 1tbsp butter.
- Coat hot griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Place sandwiches, buttered sides down, on griddle or in a skillet. Spread tops with remaining butter. Cook two to three minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
This made a nice spread for a grilled cheese sandwich! I didn't have white cheddar so used all yellow. Thanks! :)