From Vera's Cafe, Augusta, GA. This is a good one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- 2Spread 8 slices (buttered side down) with about 1/4 cup pimento cheese.
- 3For each sandwich: lay bread slice, buttered side down/cheese side up, in a large skillet.
- 4Add 2 slices tomato and 2 bacon strips, then cover the sandwich with slice of bread, buttered side up.
- 5Over medium heat, grill each sandwich until golden brown on both sides.
- 6Transfer sandwich to a plate; slice in half on the diagonal and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.0
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 1135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 20.1 g