Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Rachael Ray
Top Review by Cook4_6
I made just a couple of quick changes in technique and condiments, and thought this was a fantastic week night meal. I used Certified Angus Beef sirloin steak, and grilled the vegetables in a grilling pan while the steak grilled. To keep it truer to a Philly Cheesesteak in flavor, I served it with garlic mayo instead of the guac and sour cream. This would also be a fantastic way to make fajitas by just switching out the steak seasoning.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb white mushroom
- 1 bell pepper, quartered
- 1 onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat a grill to medium-high. On a large baking sheet, arrange the steak, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread the mushrooms onto a skewer.
- Grill the steak and vegetables, turning once, utnil the steak is well-crusted and the vegetables are charred and softened, about 12 minutes; transfer to a large plate and let stand until the vegetables are cool enough to handle.
- Thinly slice the steak and vegetables separately and transfer the vegetables to a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Divide the steak among the taco shells, top with the grilled vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese.
- You can serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.