Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray
Make and share this Grilled Philly Cheesesteak Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb white mushroom
- 1 bell pepper, quartered
- 1 onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preaheat a grill to medium-high. On a large baking sheet, arrange the steak, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread the mushrooms onto a skewer.
- Grill the steak and vegetables, turning once, utnil the steak is well-crusted and the vegetables are charred and softened, about 12 minutes; transfer to a large plate and let stand until the vegetables are cool enough to handle.
- Thinly slice the steak and vegetables separately and transfer the vegetables to a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Divide the steak among the taco shells, top with the grilled vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese.
- You can serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
I made just a couple of quick changes in technique and condiments, and thought this was a fantastic week night meal. I used Certified Angus Beef sirloin steak, and grilled the vegetables in a grilling pan while the steak grilled. To keep it truer to a Philly Cheesesteak in flavor, I served it with garlic mayo instead of the guac and sour cream. This would also be a fantastic way to make fajitas by just switching out the steak seasoning.
I made a couple of very minor adjustments. When sauteing the green pepper, that what I used, and onion, I sprinkled a dash of taco seasoning. For the cheese in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I used some Tex-Mex cheese blend, and I did serve these with some guacolome, and sour cream on the side. Have to admit these are some great tasting tacos, the rest of the recipe I followed down the line. Very nice comfort food, that my picky daughter, who usually picks stuff out, ate these as made, and as well as her we all enjoyed these quickie tacos. These will be saved as I have green perrers growing in my garden, and would we would like to have these again. Tagged and made for PRMR tag.