Recipe by LynnL
this is one of those things that you can make and all your friends will say WOW
Top Review by Starrynews
Yum, great preparation for peppers! The red peppers become soft and flavorful with the char lines, and the pesto/cheese topping is delicious. The slivers of garlic became sweet and mellow, softened by the grill time. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '12
- 4 red peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (60ml)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce (45ml)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 balls bocconcini, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peppers in half lengthways Scrape out and discard the cores and seeds. Drizzle olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add a few slivers of garlic into the cavity of each pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 375°F/200°C or medium high heat.
- Place the peppers on the grill, cavity side up, until charred (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add a spoonful of pesto into each of the peppers and slices of Boccocini cheese.
- Continue to cook peppers until cheese is melted (approximately 3 minutes).