Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on http://potatogoodness.com and it is absolutely amazing! It is not a traditional potato salad, but it is definitely worth making for something healthy, new and different, and even inexpensive. It's a must have at any summer BBQ!
- 3 lbs medium red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar or 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pine nuts (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1. Place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent.
- 2. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave). Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave.
- 3. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half or quarters and coat lightly with olive oil.
- 4. Grill over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until grill lines are apparent.
- 5. Remove from grill and let cool. Cut into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- 6. Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss lightly to coat.
- 7. Season with pepper, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8. Just before serving, toss with Parmesan cheese and basil, then sprinkle with pine nuts.