Recipe by Debbwl
Another messy yet yummy sandwich.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made just the one sandwich which the DM and I shared to have with our soup for lunch on this cold rainy day and we thoroughly enjoyed. As I cooked mine in the sandwich press I assembled the sandwich as a whole and toasted in the press therefore buttering the inside of the bread - delicious with spicy lentil soup I had in the freezer ready to heat up. Thank you Debbwl, made for Everyday A Holiday.
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 8 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, cut into 8 thin slices
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomato in to 8 thin slices and set aside.
- Mix cheeses and set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 thin pieces. Broil for about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spread equal amounts of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Place buttered side down in a large skillet and top each slice with equal amounts of cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on the bottom.
- Top half the slices with tomato and cooked chicken, spread pesto over chicken and top with remaining slices.