Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a standby recipe I frequently use, because I always have the ingredients on hand. It calls for storebought, prepared pesto, but you can use anything you like. I used a prepared roasted red pepper/artichoke tapenade as last night's topping, and it was AWESOME!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed, if using frozen (Purdue frozen recommended)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce (or any other prepared toppings, such as a tapenade)
- Coat the thawed chicken breasts in the olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- On a grill pan over high heat, place the chicken breasts and allow to cook until the bottom of the breasts have nice brown grill marks (about 3-4 minutes).
- Turn over the chicken breasts and top each with one tablespoon pesto, turning the heat down to low. (Don't get the pesto too close to the edges or it will slide off.) Loosely cover the top of the pan with a piece of tin foil and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate, covering with foil (seal down the sides). Allow to rest under foil for 3-4 to let juices redistribute. Serve.
Very good chicken which we enjoyed! This is so easy/no think chicken! Made for Zaar World Tour 5. Thanks for sharing this recipe which we will be making again soon!