Balsamic Basting Sauce
- 3 garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 lbs bell peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- salt and pepper, to tase
- 2 teaspoons oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, drained and cut into cubes
- 16 kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- For basting sauce: With a piece of wax paper, mash garlic and salt with a fork until well blended. Place in a small bowl. Whisk in balsamic vinegar, olive oil and pepper; set aside.
- Core, seed and cut bell peppers into thirds. Brush both sides of peppers with sauce and place in large bowl. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Remove peppers from sauce; reserving sauce. Place peppers skin side down on greased barbecue rack over medium high heat for 6 - 8 minutes or until lightly charred but not mushy, basting with sauce and turning every three minutes. Slice peppers into wide strips. Arrange on a platter, alternating colors. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, feta and olives. Drizzle the one tablespoon balsamic vinegar over peppers.