Recipe by Sharon123
From Boy Meets Grill with Bobby Flay, this has gotten rave reviews!
Top Review by KLBoyle
Amazing dish! I only used 1 of each color pepper as it was just DH and I and cut down the dressing a bit. I had made this as an appetizer but we ended up just gorging on this and never made dinner. The vinaigrette would be awesome with a salad as well. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for the keeper!
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- 3 orange bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Italian bread, thinly sliced and grilled (or French bread)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill to high. Brush bell peppers with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper; grill the peppers until charred on all sides. Remove from grill, place in bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the skin from the peppers, brush them with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper, and place back on the grill and cook until slightly charred on all sides.
- Slice peppers into quarters or to fit over bread slices. Place a slice of mozzarella over each pepper and drizzle with the Caper-Basil Vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
- For the vinaigrette:.
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Stir in the capers and basil.