Recipe by Boomette
I'm doing a clean-up in all my magazines and I'm posting some recipes for safe-keeping. This one is from Coup de Pouce.
Top Review by WiGal
Delicious! Fairly easy to make. Served this with recipe#418162 and corn for vegetarian meal. Made as posted except I reduced the oven temp to 375 only so that I could do the sweet potatoes at same time-lazy me loves oven meals. :) Thanks for sharing Boomette.
- 4 red bell peppers or 4 yellow bell peppers, halved, undamaged stem, seeded and white membrane removed
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, grilled and cut in dice of 1/4 inch
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 cups Fontina cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bell peppers, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Grill in a preheated oven of 400 F for about 20 minutes or until they are tender.
- Flip the bell peppers, distribute the cubes of bread in the holes and cover with half the basil. Sprinkle with garlic and cheese. Keep cooking for about 15 minutes or until peppers are lightly black on the sides and cheese is bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining basil.