I had some leftover pepperoni and mozzarella and didn't want the usual type pizza. So, I took the mentioned ingredients, added a few more and used a couple of slices of Italian Herb & Parmesan Bread (Bread Machine - Abm) (You can use you favorite Italian Bread, this is just was on hand ) The ingredients that were used in this recipe is what was on hand, please feel free to add your favorites.If you add another type of meat,please make sure meats are cooked completly.
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pizza sauce (can use ketchup )
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, divided (or any type of Italian cheese )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (add more if you like )
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 slices pepperoni, finely chopped
- Take one slices of bread and butter one side, place in skillet and spread pizza sauce on the unbuttered side of bread.
- Add half the cheese over the sauce, speading evenly.
- Sprinkle with seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes,if using extras and them at this time.
- Top the seasoned cheese with the chopped pepperoni,and cover pepperoni with remaining cheese.
- Take remaining side of bread, butter one side and place unbuttered side on top of the cheese.
- Grill sandwich over medium heat on each side ( be careful when turning over so you won't lose the filling ) until golden brown.