Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A variation on another great recipe from Canadian Living.
Make and share this Grilled Pepper Steak Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 2 green onions or 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 crusty rolls
Mustard Herb Mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine Mustard Herb mix.
- Trim fat from steak and spread mustard mix on each side.
- Place peppers, onion, garlic and basil on a large piece of aluminum foil and toss together.
- Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and fold up foil to form a package.
- Place steak and and foil package on greased grill over high heat.
- Cook steak, turning once, to medium rare, about 10 minutes.
- Cook vegetables until the package is puffed.
- Remove steak from heat and let stand, tented with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half without cutting completely through.
- Slice steak and stack onto rolls; top with pepper mixture.