Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A variation on another great recipe from Canadian Living.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 2 green onions or 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 crusty rolls
Mustard Herb Mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine Mustard Herb mix.
- Trim fat from steak and spread mustard mix on each side.
- Place peppers, onion, garlic and basil on a large piece of aluminum foil and toss together.
- Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and fold up foil to form a package.
- Place steak and and foil package on greased grill over high heat.
- Cook steak, turning once, to medium rare, about 10 minutes.
- Cook vegetables until the package is puffed.
- Remove steak from heat and let stand, tented with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half without cutting completely through.
- Slice steak and stack onto rolls; top with pepper mixture.
My grill was out of commission, so I had to resort to cooking this via broiling (steak) & stovetop sauteeing (veggies). The result was a lovely sandwich & a nice, change-of-pace dinner for my family! Although we were divided between 4 & 5 stars, I ultimately decided to give this a 5... I am confident grilling would have brought out even more flavor to an already delicious dish! Used Grey Poupon Country Dijon and served on bolillo rolls (next time would toast sliced rolls) and add even more veggies as I found them real tasty. Thank you!!