3 hrs 10 mins
Plan ahead the steaks need to chill for 3 hours and must be brought down to almost room temperature before grilling--so plan well in advance for this recipe. These steaks are worth making. I have even made these on my indoor grill--they are very good! Use freshly ground pepper from a pepper mill only for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons garlic powder (use only garlic powder not fresh garlic!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (this stuff is hot!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 5 rib eye steaks (about 1-1/2-inch)
- 3 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1In a bowl combine first 7 ingredients.
- 2Rub olive oil well on the steaks.
- 3Then rub the spice mixture all over well on the meat, patting down with your hands to adhere to the meat.
- 4Place the steaks on a tray and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- 5Remove the steaks and let sit out until almost room temperature.
- 6This is a very important step, as it will relax the meat fibers and make for a tender and juicy steak, this might take about 2 hours depending on how cold your steaks are).
- 7Set grill to about 350-400°F (medium-high heat).
- 8Cover with lid and grill for about 8-10 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pepper Rib-Eye Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 700.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks