Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Plan ahead the steaks need to chill for 3 hours and must be brought down to almost room temperature before grilling--so plan well in advance for this recipe. These steaks are worth making. I have even made these on my indoor grill--they are very good! Use freshly ground pepper from a pepper mill only for this.
- 3 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons garlic powder (use only garlic powder not fresh garlic!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (this stuff is hot!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 5 rib eye steaks (about 1-1/2-inch)
- 3 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a bowl combine first 7 ingredients.
- Rub olive oil well on the steaks.
- Then rub the spice mixture all over well on the meat, patting down with your hands to adhere to the meat.
- Place the steaks on a tray and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Remove the steaks and let sit out until almost room temperature.
- This is a very important step, as it will relax the meat fibers and make for a tender and juicy steak, this might take about 2 hours depending on how cold your steaks are).
- Set grill to about 350-400°F (medium-high heat).
- Cover with lid and grill for about 8-10 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
Made it exactly as written. Husband loved it. Will make again.