Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are the best on a hot day with a cold glass of beer. They take a little while to make but are great finger food, and impressive looking for company coming over for a bbq.
- 16 small sweet bell peppers (mini)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 180 g shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Spoon sour cream into a ziploc bag and chill.
- Prepare bbq for direct heat cooking.
- Rinse peppers and cut in half lengthwise through stems. Scoop out seeds and veins.
- In a bowl mix, cheese, tomatoe, onion, cilantro and salt.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pepper halves, pressing it into hollows.
- Lay filled peppers, cheese side up on oiled on medium high heat. Close lid on peppers.
- Cook until peppers are blistered and slightly charred on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer peppers to a clean platter.
- Snip off the corner of the zip loc bag and squeeze sour cream equally over the hot peppers and serve.