These are the best on a hot day with a cold glass of beer. They take a little while to make but are great finger food, and impressive looking for company coming over for a bbq.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spoon sour cream into a ziploc bag and chill.
- 2Prepare bbq for direct heat cooking.
- 3Rinse peppers and cut in half lengthwise through stems. Scoop out seeds and veins.
- 4In a bowl mix, cheese, tomatoe, onion, cilantro and salt.
- 5Spoon mixture evenly into pepper halves, pressing it into hollows.
- 6Lay filled peppers, cheese side up on oiled on medium high heat. Close lid on peppers.
- 7Cook until peppers are blistered and slightly charred on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer peppers to a clean platter.
- 9Snip off the corner of the zip loc bag and squeeze sour cream equally over the hot peppers and serve.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pepper Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 367.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g