Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
A lite veggie version, tasty!
- 2 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1 sweet pepper, half green & half red, cut in strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (we like hot)
- Place one tortilla on hot grill, sprinkle with half the cheese, cover with pepper strips, green onion and jalepeno pepper. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over all, cover with second tortilla. Close grill and grill for about 6 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove to plate and cut into 4 triangles.
- Serve hot with salsa.
This was an amazing lunch this afternoon. I loved it. I omitted the jalapeno peppers (personal preference) and used mild chunky salsa. I loved the sweet pepper and the cheddar. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.
Congrats! Your recipe & photo are featured as our Recipe of the Day on our homepage ! (6/16/2011)