Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A refreshing summer salad.
Make and share this Grilled Pear Salad With Bacon, Roquefort and Port Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups ruby port
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large firm and ripe bosc pear
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring port and shallot to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/2 a cup. Strain into bowl. Cool.
- Whisk oil and vinegar into Port. Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Cook bacon in s skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Crumble into small pieces.
- Cut unpeeled pear into 1/4 inch slices and brush oil. Grill on a preheated barbecue or sautee in a skillet until golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes per side. Cool.
- Divide among 4 salad plates. Top with equal portions of bacon, pear slices, mushrooms, walnut and Roquefort.
- Drizzle each with a couple tablespoons dressing and serve. Remaining dressing can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a month.