Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This Thai inspired dish is very tasty. Recipe from the Chicago Tribune test kitchens. Marinating time can be 2 hours to overnight.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, minced, with green tops
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, 1/2-inch piece, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, wedges (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro, garnish
- Place chicken breasts in food storage bag. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients (EXCEPT cilantro and lime wedges) in a medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Pour over chicken, seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for up to 2 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking, brush or wipe grill with oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Begin grilling chicken, turning once, until tender and no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and sprinkle with lime juice, if desired.