Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
These were as common in my home growing up as grilled cheese -- we ate them with warm soups for quick lunches & easy meals. I didn't realize until I moved away from home that most people have never heard of a grilled peanut butter sandwich. Made just like grilled cheese sandwiches, they are also warm and gooey and so easy to make it's almost silly!
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and top it with the other slice of bread. Butter the outsides of the bread, both sides.
- Lay the sandwich on the hot skillet and let it brown until golden. Flip it over and cook the other side until it is also golden.
- Serve warm!
It was so good and gooey. Thanks Park Rangerette :) Made for All you can cook buffet
Mmmm! This is great for breakfast! DH and split one and drizzled it with honey and sprinkled the top with come cinnamon! Perfect! Light and filling! Thanks for posting this was the first time we have had this sandwhich but certainly not the last! Made for PAC Spring 2010!
My dad makes these! I always liked them growing up, and now my husband likes them too. Thanks for reminding me about these sandwiches, I need to get my daughters to try them!