Recipe by Park Rangerette
These were as common in my home growing up as grilled cheese -- we ate them with warm soups for quick lunches & easy meals. I didn't realize until I moved away from home that most people have never heard of a grilled peanut butter sandwich. Made just like grilled cheese sandwiches, they are also warm and gooey and so easy to make it's almost silly!
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and top it with the other slice of bread. Butter the outsides of the bread, both sides.
- Lay the sandwich on the hot skillet and let it brown until golden. Flip it over and cook the other side until it is also golden.
- Serve warm!